Hello everyone, and welcome back to The Bookworm’s Fantasy. I hope you’re all well. Today I’m going to be posting my responses to the Blogger Recognition Award and One Lovely Blogger Award, both of which I was nominated for recently! I haven’t done a post like this in a while, and I’m really excited to be participating in some tags/awards again. So, here’s goes…
Blogger Recognition Award
I was nominated for this award by the lovely Katherine over at bibliomaniacUK. Katherine’s blog is absolutely fantastic and I am a regular follower of hers, so I strongly urge you all to go and check it out!
Rules Of The Award
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide a link to the post you created.
How did my blog start?
I first started blogging in July 2016, so my blog is still relatively new. I’ve always loved reading and writing, and thought it would be a brilliant idea to combine the two. In 2016 my love for reading and books just grew and grew, and it became a real passion of mine that I wanted to share with other people! I also initially started blogging as I thought it would be a good way to kick-start my career in writing. I thought it would be great to show employers that I had an active interest in reading and writing, and to keep all my posts in one place!
Two pieces of advice to bloggers:
1) Be active on social media. When I first started blogging, I had no idea how to get my posts out there and encourage people to actually read my blog (aside from close friends and family). I created a specific bookish Twitter account (@SnowMel1) and advertised my posts regularly on my personal Facebook account. Twitter, especially, has really helped me to get my blog out there – and of course it’s a great space in order to connect with other bloggers too!
2) Only blog about what you feel comfortable with. Don’t push yourself too much. Blogging should be enjoyable and fun – for me, it’s a brilliant way to relieve stress and feel good about myself. Don’t start publishing content if you’re not comfortable with the subject matter or if you don’t feel passionate about what you’re doing. Very early on, I made the personal decision to make my blog only a positive space, and therefore I don’t post in depth reviews of books I don’t like. I personally want my blog to be attractive and encourage others to read, rather than turn them off. Of course, some people disagree with me and that’s fine…but just make sure you’re staying true to yourself and you’re enjoying what you’re blogging about.
15 bloggers to pass this award on to:
Ah, this is so difficult! I’m going to nominate some of my followers who I don’t think have been tagged yet.
One Lovely Blogger Award
I was nominated for this award by Laurena at The Immortal Readers – thanks so much! 🙂
- Post about the award
- Share 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate at most 15 people
- Tell your nominees the good news!
Facts About Me:
- Apart from books, I’m massively into music and love attending concerts and festivals!
- My favourite colour is purple (explains why I have purple hair, haha).
- I love dogs so much, and I have two Golden Retrievers.
- I have a Ford KA and drive it almost every day to university (I commute to university every day).
- I love Italian food – it’s definitely my favourite.
- I’m an organised person, but I’m also extremely messy. I know where everything is if I need it!
- I hate being late to things! I’m always early.
I’m not going to nominate 15, but I’ll nominate 5!
Happy reading 🙂